Brand: Body Revolution
- OLYMPIC WEIGHT PLATES - Our Olympic rubber-coated weight plates are the ideal companion for your fitness journey. Whether you plan to focus on strength training or endurance, we have the right weight plates for you. Choose between singles or pairs
- EXPERTLY DESIGNED - Built from solid cast iron metal with a rubber coating, these free weights plates can withstand highly repetitive usage enabling you to train harder for longer. The heavy-duty rubber coating is to minimise damage to you, your weight plates, and your floor
- IWF STANDARDS - The 45cm in diameter black rubber bumper plates are compatible with 2 inch barbells and are colour-coded according to size. The universale diameter allows for even weight distribution to prevent jerking. Designed for durability and high performance
- STRENGTH AND SCULPT - Build your home gym with a wide range of Olympic weight plate sizes. The slim design of the weight plates allow for maximum stacking on the bar for deadlift, bench press, rows and curls and takes up minimal storage space
- BODY REVOLUTION - We are determined to de-stigmatise strength training and make it accessible to everyone. Gyms can be intimidating places and we want to ease the experience by making gym-grade equipment for home use available to all. We will be with you from checkout to workout!
Details: Body Revolution Olympic Bumper Weight Plates
What is an Olympic Bumper Plate?
Olympic Weight Plates can come in different varieties, from Solid Rubber to Cast Iron or Steel. Unlike standard weight plates for cardio and general strength and conditioning training, Olympic Bumper Plates are designed for use with thicker, more heavy duty and durable Olympic barbells. Because of the loading capabilities of an Olympic Bar, bigger, heavier weights can be added for pure strength training, which is ideal for Olympic lifts which require compound, functional and explosive movement patterns.
Why are Olympic Bumper Plates so much Bigger than Standard Weight Plates?
Firstly, for competition purposes, the 45cm / 450mm diameter raises the bar shaft to a standard height of 211mm for starting positions. Also, due to the presumed heavy weight loading on the Olympic style bar, it is important that all plates are evenly distributed along the sleeve. Having a universal plate or disc diameter prevents any jerking of weights during heavy lifts as it reduces the effects of any slack from uneven weight plates. Also, it helps to prevent damage to the plates when dropping the bar from height, as the plates distribute the shock load more evenly.
Why Rubber Bumper Plates
The Solid Rubber Compound is designed to protect floors from impact damage during heavy lifts, making them ideal for use in home gyms, garages as well as commercial gyms and crossfit studios. The Rubber Compound allows for heavy weights to be dropped from height, giving additional confidence when trying to perfect form on movements such as the squat, clean & jerk, press and snatch without the worry of causing damage, making the bumper plates ideal for weightlifting beginners and professional powerlifting enthusiasts.
Package Dimensions: 18.5 x 18.1 x 2.4 inches